It's no secret that the latest iTunes release (4.9) is riddled with references of phone support, such as:
- Eject mobile phone.
- iPod Phone Prefs
- iPod>Phone>iTunes Setup
- Phone>Updating contacts
- The name of my mobile phone is:__
- The mobile phone cannot be ejected because it contains files that are in use by another application.
- Set Up Your Mobile Phone
- Automatically choose songs for my mobile phone
- iTunes will automatically fill your mobile phone with a random selection of songs from your library. You may fill your mobile phone with a different selection of songs by pressing Autofill in the mobile phone playlist.
- No mobile phone connected.
- Open iTunes when this mobile phone is attached.
I'm going to have to keep my eyes and ears open on this. This is one of the more industry rumors I've heard in a while.