Every once in a while, when I'm in a music rut and being lazy, I will just ask people for recommendations on what I should be listening to. Yeah, everybody does that, I know. But want I find interesting is the different modes in which the recommendations come in.
Take today for example... I tweeted (or is "twittered"?) the following:
Need some new music... what do you guys suggest?
Because of the multiple status broadcast and aggregation tools I use, that message found it's way to my Twitter account, Pownce account, Facebook status, FriendFeed (and other lifestreaming sites), and a number of other channels.
What I found interesting where the multiple modes of response I received.
- public @replies via Twitter
- direct Twitter replies
- posts to my Facebook wall
- private (inbox) messages via Facebook
- messages from friends with links sent from their music site of choice
- comments on a number of lifestream aggregators (to where my tweets get published)
- instant messages
- and I'm guessing that I get some more recommendations from people via comments on this post
I find it to be a very interesting (and growing) phenomenon. What do you guys think? What's your preferred channel?